Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Summer Sickness

Once again I have come down with some kind of summer crud.

It's not turning into a cold, as yet. It just kind of hangs around, giving me cold chills with no fever, a horrible sinus headache with no corresponding drippy nose. Even though I feel horrible, I couldn't say exactly how. Kind of achy, but not really. Scratchy throat, but only if I talk for very long.

It makes me feel bad enough I didn't go to work for two days, and instead slept for most of them. Under 6 layers of blankets because of the chills.

I am finally feeling a little better this afternoon, so I am washing the sheets, and doing a few chores around the house, taking rests in between when I start to feel bad. I wonder if it's allergies. It doesn't really matter - I feel horrible, and the thought of being nice and chirpy to the public makes me cringe. So, probably a good idea I stayed home.

I always feel guilty, though. I hate leaving my co-workers in the lurch, and my boss scrambling to find someone to come in and cover for me. Hopefully since school is almost out it will be very, very quiet this week and next week.

I suppose I will go make some hot tea. And hope that the sheets are nearly dry; I think it's time for a nap.

No comments: